Saturday, April 25, 2009

Vaseline Overnight Face Mask

Ok. So I know it sounds absolutely crazy, but last night I put Vaseline on my cheeks. I actually did.

Throughout most of yesterday I was getting frustrated with my skin. The t-zone was looking bumpy again; serves me right for changing my routine, after I had found the perfect one! But I just had to try out this new facial wash that I made, after which my skin was dramatically dried out, bad bad plan to use anything with the word saponified in it.

And, as you may well know, when my skin dries out, it acts out. So, I had my first spot in two weeks appearing on my chin, and a whole bunch of bumps on my forehead, and significantly dried out cheeks. So,my first thought was Sudocream, which I popped on my t-zone.

Yet, I felt a bit funny about leaving out my cheeks, especially as they were so dry. Vaseline came to mind, because one of my good friends is addicted to the stuff, she puts it everywhere. So, I thought, why not give it a try. So I spread it all over my cheeks.

Just to be sure that it didn't just go all over my pillow, but actually went into my face, I promptly tied my hair up as high as I could and as securely as poss.

I managed to fall asleep laying on my back, rather than sideways...I must have been super tired, as that hasn't happened in forever.

And this morning, I woke up to more even looking skin. Actually. Truly.

Petroleum jelly is my knew favorite find for an overnight face mask. It is a barrier like Sudocrem, so it will enable the skin to work its own magic. Hey well, I am going to try this again sometime. Why don't you have a go, and tell me what you think!

I reckon its about time I stopped trying new products, then my face my settle down, and RELAX.

4 comments:

Kitten69 said...

i use Lucas Papaw ointment as an overnight mask sometimes, it has petroleum jelly but other things too (paw paw fruit obviously lol) and it makes my skin SO smooth and even and papaw heals spots and naturally but very gently exfoliatiates the skin too X

Inposition Simon said...

I'm a male with dry skin and use Vaseline religiously, and no word of a lie, I continuously get complimented on my face, and the skin. I also don't look my age, which is 25, I look more around 18 lol

I use Vaseline all the time and when my face breaks out, and like you, within one night it heals itself.

I have tried to tell many of my friends to use it, but they overlook it and think that my skin is clear because it's naturally like that, but I can assure them, it isn't, Vaseline is what makes my skin clear.

I got the tip off my Mum who has Psoriasis quite badly, her skin also looks radiant frequently on her face, and again through Vaseline.

Anybody with dry skin problems should try it, on any part of the body it works wonders, there's nothing to it hardly, no harmful chemicals, no nonsense, just true protection and moisture for your face.

Anyway, that's my two cents

:0)

Beauty on a College budget said...

I know this post is from forever ago, but I've been using vaseline for awhile now on my face, and I was doing a litter research to see if it's actually bad for my face and I came across you blog.

I use it all over my face after I use tea tree oil as a toner, it keeps my skin from getting dried out after using the oil, and I just love how it's making me skin so soft!

Anonymous said...

This method works great I always wake up to beautiful looking skin! However, I don't like the feeling of getting vaseline all over my bed, hair etc. so be sure to throw your hair up in a messy bun, pull your hair back, and attempt to sleep on you're back if you can. lol. I can guarantee you'll love the morning results. Best of luck xx